Summer Fruit Pudding
Prep time 12 hours
Cook time 5 mins
A summer entertaining favourite…and what better way to entertain your guests than spoiling them with a mouth watering Summer Fruit Pudding. And the great thing is, berries aren’t just pretty faces; berries are nutritional and healing powerhouses that warrant a place in any diet, so what better way to eat them than combining them with Brumby’s white sandwich bread.
1. Use an 8cm-diameter round pastry cutter to cut 8 discs from the bread.
2. Lace the fruit in a bowl, cutting any large pieces in half. Add cranberry juice and sugar, and stir until sugar dissolves.
3. Place the water in a heatproof bowl. Sprinkle with gelatine. Place the bowl in a small saucepan. Add enough boiling water to come halfway up the side of the bowl. Stir until gelatine dissolves. Stir gelatine mixture into the fruit mixture.
4. Use half the bread discs to line the bases and sides of four 200ml-capacity dariole moulds or teacups. Spoon a little syrup from the fruit mixture over the bread to soak. Divide the fruit mixture among moulds, reserving a little syrup. Top with the remaining bread discs and press down firmly. Spoon reserved syrup over the bread. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in fridge overnight to set.
5. Combine cream and honey in a bowl.
6. Dip moulds in hot water. Turn onto serving plates. Serve with cream mixture.