Savoury French Toast w/ roast tomatoes
Prep time 5 mins
Cook time 20 mins
Put a savoury twist on the traditionally sweet french toast breakfast favourite. The combination of roasted tomatoes and balsamic vinegar give this recipe a tangy twist.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place cherry tomatoes on one of the trays, spray with olive oil and roast for 10 minutes, or until skins start to split.
2. Meanwhile, whisk eggs, egg white and milk in a medium bowl. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil; set over medium heat.
3. Dip 4 slices of Brumby’s Rye bread into egg mixture, coating evenly; shake off excess mixture. Add bread to pan and cook for 2–3 minutes per side, or until crisp and golden.
4. Transfer French toast to other prepared baking tray and place in oven to keep warm. Repeat step 3 with remaining bread, spraying pan with a light coating of olive oil between batches.
5. Place remaining ingredients in a large salad bowl and toss.
6. Top French toast with roast tomatoes and serve with salad.