Prep time 30 min
Cook time 20 min
Cheese fans rejoice! This entertaining dish will satisfy everyone and the combination of cheeses used make for a fun and mouth-watering table centerpiece!
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Heat pan over a medium heat, pour in half the olive oil and tumble in the bacon. Cook for 10 minutes, string occasionally, or until the bacon is crispy. Set bacon aside until needed.
3. In the meantime combine cream cheese, pouring cream, sour cream greyer, parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl. Next pour in 2/3rds of the bacon and mix well.
4. Cut 4cm off top of cob loaf to form lid, scoop bread from centre of loaf leaving 1.5cm edge. Tear or roughly chop bread pieces and set aside.
5. Place the hollowed out cob loaf on a baking tray, and scoop the cheese mixture into it. Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
6. Next remove the foil and sprinkle over the remaining bacon. Arrange the cob "lid" (cut side up) and bread pieces on the tray, drizzle with the remaining oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until the bread is toasted. Serve while still warm and ENJOY!