Using Brumby's White Sandwich Loaf
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Makes 12 quiches (4 servings).
Can be prepared the day before.
Can be frozen. Reheat frozen quiche (do not thaw first).
1 rasher of bacon, rind removed, diced (50g / 1.5 oz)
1/4 brown onion, finely diced
1 tbs oil
6 slices Brumby’s white sandwich bread
2 60g eggs
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup grated cheese
2 tsp parsley, finely chopped
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Heat 1 tbs oil in small pan over high heat. Add onion and bacon and sauté until bacon is crisp – about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside
- Remove crust on Brumby’s white loaf and cut bread into rounds using a large empty tin can
- Flatten the bread with a rolling pin
- Grease 12 muffin tin holes with butter or oil, then press the bread into the muffin tin.
- Place in oven for 3 minutes (this is essential to avoid egg mixture soaking into the bread). Remove from oven and set aside.
- Whisk together the egg, milk, parsley and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Divide the bacon mixture between the 12 toast cups, then the cheese.
- Pour 2 1/2 tbsp of egg mixture into each cup, then immediately place in the oven to avoid egg soaking into bread.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the top is lightly golden and the filling is set.
- Remove from oven and rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Quiche Cups - Whole Lunchbox Idea
• 3 quiche cups
• ½ cup grapes
• ½ cup roasted chickpea snacks
• Vegie sticks – capsicum, celery, carrot
• 1/3 cup beetroot dip
• Muesli slice