Chicken Veggie Toastie
Using Brumby's Low FodMap Bread
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Excellent source of fibre
Good source of protein
½ large chicken breast fillet
Olive oil cooking spray
2 slices, Brumby’s low fodmap bread
75g feta cheese
2 slices marinated capsicum
4 basil leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the chicken breast in half, to form 2 thin fillets. Spray with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Cook chicken fillets for 3 minutes on each side, or until just cooked through. Set aside. Slice into thin strips when cooled.
- Preheat a sandwich press. Lightly spray 4 slices of Brumby’s Low Fodmap bread with oil.
- Place 2 slices of bread on a plate, oiled side down. Spread with feta. Season with salt and pepper. Top with chicken, peppers and basil.
- Sandwich together with remaining bread slices, oiled side up.
- Cook sandwiches for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden. Serve.
Chicken Veggie Toastie - Whole Lunchbox Idea
• 1 low fodmap chicken, capsicum, feta and basil sandwich
• 10 rice crackers
• 5 cubes cheddar cheese
• 1/3 cup strawberries
• 1 kiwi fruit halved
• 1/3 cup blueberries
• 100mL yoghurt